Experience shows there is a real possibility that judgments or awards may subsequently be revoked or annulled. Even with final judgments or awards, in the realm of complex litigation, it’s common for losing parties to resist voluntarily paying the amounts due.
- Obtaining liquidity from the sale of the credit or claim.
- Elimination of all future costs of the legal or arbitral proceedings.
- Reduction of the exposure to the risk of an unfavourable outcome.
- Assurance of partial collection of the claimed amounts, regardless of the dispute's outcome.
- Control over the timing factor.
- Opportunity to register an income in the company’s accounts.
- Reduction of the workload for internal legal teams and the impact of arbitration proceedings on the organisation.
- Maintenance of commercial relations with the counterparty.
- Creation of value for litigation assets in M&A transactions.